Thursday, August 15, 2013

Buy Schumacher XC103 SpeedCharge Battery Charger with Engine Start

Schumacher XC103 SpeedCharge Battery Charger with Engine StartI really wanted to like this charger: Schumacher XC103 SpeedCharge Battery Charger with Engine Start. On paper it seems to do everything I need. The big problem is that it keeps generating an F06 error code when charging on the Fast Charge Rate setting. The manual says this means "The charger detected that the battery may be getting too hot (thermal runaway)." and that "The charger automatically shuts the current off if it detects the battery may be getting too hot or the battery may have a shorted cell. Have the battery checked or replaced." This means the charging is stopped before the battery is fully charged.

The charger generates the F06 code on two different brand new batteries. Also, if I use the Slow Charge Rate setting the same batteries charge just fine so I do not believe that the batteries are defective. There must be something wrong in the charging logic for the Fast Charge Rate setting.

I tried several times to get Schumacher customer support to help me resolve the problem. The Schumacher support staff is useless. They kept sending me the section from the manual that describes the F06 error code. I already knew this information; which I carefully explained on my initial e-mail to Schumacher and on all subsequent e-mails to Schumacher. They persisted in not answering any of my questions, but just resent the F06 error code section from the manual. When I finally insisted that the charger must be defective Schumacher finally agreed to replace the charger with a new or refurbished charger. Since I just bought the charger a refurbished charger was not an option in my opinion.

Moreinfo price here Buy Schumacher XC103 SpeedCharge Battery Charger with Engine Start
 
Copyright © 2012. Raul's Diagrams Collection - Posts · Comments
Powered by Blogger